|King's & Queen's A&S Champions
||Event date: February 22nd, 2014|
|Hosted by Barony of Concordia of the Snows - Albany, NY||Event Last Modified: December 18th, 2013|
|Artisans, Lords and Ladies, pray attend! Join us as Their Majesties determine who will be the next Eastern Arts and Sciences Champions. Enjoy a delicious day board as you marvel at the talents of Their Majesties’ subjects. The gate opens at 10:00; judging will begin at noon.|
Entrants should submit a body of work which represents their ability and technical knowledge. A body of work consists of 1-3 related items. Their Majesties encourage each participant to show his/her depth of understanding of the subject and its processes, as well as the sciences and technologies used in period to create the item. Written documentation must accompany all work except research papers.
1. All entries must have been created in the past 2 years and may not have previously won this kingdom level competition.
2. All culinary entries must include full ingredient lists. Modern sanitary considerations must be taken in their preparation. Entrants are responsible for keeping cold food cold and hot food hot.
3. Research entries must be pre-registered by January 3, 2014 and include the research submission.
4. All other entrants must pre-register by February 7, 2014 to insure that there are enough and appropriate judges. Those who do not pre-register are highly encouraged to display their work on the day of the event.
5. Pre-registrations should be e-mailed to the Queen’s Champion, at firstname.lastname@example.org and must include:
a. Your SCA name
b. Your mundane name
c. A list of your entries and a one line description of each
d. Any special considerations (an electrical outlet, extra space, etc)
e. Your e-mail address.
6. Those who wish only to display their work are encouraged to pre-register in order to assure that adequate table space is available. Space will be available for short dance, bardic or other performance displays.
If you are interested in judging, please contact Lady Ose Silverhair at email@example.com, or Lady Solskinn at Solskinn23@yahoo.com with your name and expertise.
A separate display, with prizes awarded, will be held for the Youth of the East. All youth between the ages of 5 and 17 are encouraged to enter their finest work. Please pre-register by February 7, 2014.
The site is DRY. No alcohol is allowed. The site is handicapped accessible.
Site Opens: 10:00 am
Site Closes: 6:00 pm
|First Congregational Church|
405 Quail Street
Albany, NY 12208
Directions: From the south or west, make your best route to I 87/90 exit 24. After the toll booths, proceed to exit 2 (Washington Ave). Turn left. Continue on Washington Avenue approximately 3 miles to Quail Street. Turn right. Continue on Quail Street approximately 1.5 miles. The church and parking are on the right. The entrance to the parking lot is from Maple Ave. From the north, make your best route to I 87 exit 1E. Bear left to I 90 east (Albany) and proceed to exit 2 (Washington Ave). Continue as above. From the east, make your best route to I 90 exit B1. Continue on the free portion of I 90 to exit 5 (Everett Road). Turn left. At the end of the road turn left onto Central Ave. Continue approximately 2 miles to Quail Street. Turn right. Continue as above.
|Site : Adult members: $8.00. Adult non-members: $13.00. Youth (age 5-17): $5.00. Under 5 free.|
Make Checks Payable to: SCA, NY, Inc. - Barony of Concordia of the Snows
Mistress Brid ni Shearleas
Send Reservations to:
(Richard de Troyes) Richard Nicholson, 478 Morris Street, Albany, NY 12208
Other Contact Information:
Send research submissions to: (Ose Silverhair) Karen Nicholson, 478 Morris Street Albany, NY 12208
There are many hotels near the event site if you wish to stay overnight. The closest hotel, The Hilton Garden Inn at Albany Medical Center, has offered a discounted rate of $109. Mention the SCA when you make reservations.