|Seventh Annual Yule Feast ||Event date: December 13th, 2014|
|Hosted by Shire of Coill Tuar - Highland, NY||Event Last Modified: July 28th, 2014|
|Good gentles! Come one, come all to the Seventh Annual Shire of Coill Tuar Yule Feast!|
The Romans called this Solstice time the 'Dies Natalis Invicti Solis', or the 'Birthday of the Unconquered Sun'.
This year, we wish to add the First Annual Music Festival to the Yule celebration and have the chance to hear the voices of the Kingdom come out to sing the sun back to life. We are on the cusp of the holiday season, and what better way to celebrate it than with good friends, good food and good music shared with all?
For the Music Festival, a stage in the main Hall will be available for each group or individual performance, as scheduled when you come in to Troll. The vision we wish to share with the performers is a day of music filling the halls, either on the stage or wandering the event with caroling minstrels. Each group who have signed up will have 15 minutes at a point in the day to hold their own concert, and during feast, all performers will have the chance to join together in one huge group to perform a song or two for the collected audience of the event.
A Youth Choir will have a chance to be joined in with from all children interested, lessons and practice available during the day to have their own performance that night as well.
As always, and as befits this season of celebration, we will have events during the day that are geared toward every member of the family including several activities for our youth, including Arts and Games!
Are you skilled in an art or science? Come and display your latest creation or research at our A&S table! Enter one item for the populace-judged A&S competition, with prizes to be awarded during the feast. Youth submissions welcomed and encouraged.
Looking for a bit of cerebral competition? We will have an area for Medieval Games, where you may sit down with an opponent to see who will emerge victorious.
The Catapults and Castles will need Winter Warriors of all ages once more!
Weather and Marshal availability permitting, there will be space for Fighting and/or Fencing. Check back for updates.
Merchants, come and tempt us to part with our gold in exchange for your wares! Space is limited, so please contact the Reservation Steward to reserve a spot (limited space = first-come-first-reserved).
As is our tradition, there will be a sumptuous Feast of beast, boar, and fowl, as well as a more than sufficient dayboard to satisfy your appetite!
Check back for a detailed schedule of events and activities.
Site Opens: 11 AM
Site Closes: 9 PM
|Adonai Lodge 718|
48 Main Street
Highland, NY 12528
From NYS Thruway:
1. Take NYS Thruway to Exit 18.
2. At end of exit ramp bear right onto Main St./299 East. Continue to follow NY-299 E for 5.2 miles.
3. Turn right at US-9WS. Go 1.4 Miles.
4. Slight Right at Woodside Pl go .2 Miles. (You will see The Highland Fire Department Building on your left while taking this right)
5. Turn right at Vineyard Ave. Go 387 feet
6. Take 1st right onto Main St. Adonai Lodge 718, 48 Main Street will be on the left. Go .2 mi
From Route 84 Newburgh, Exit 10N:
1. FROM DANBURY: Take right off of end of exit ramp for 10N onto Albany Post Road/US-9WN. FROM PT JERVIS: Take right off of Ramp. At light take left onto Albany Post Road/Rt 9W N.
2. Head N on Albany Post Rd/US-9W N. Go 14.5 mi.
3. Turn Left at Milton Ave. Go .2 mi
4. Turn right at Vineyard ave. Go 226 ft.
5. Take the 1st Left onto Main Street. 48 Main Street, Highland, NY will be on the left. Go .2 mi
From Route US-9WS Kingston:
1. From Flatbush Rd/NY-32 turn onto US-9WS. Continue on US-9WS. Go 15.7 mi.
2. Slight right at Woodside Pl. Go .2 mi.
3. Turn right at Vineyard Ave. Go 387 ft.
4. Take the 1st right onto Main st. Adonai Lodge 718, 48 Main St. Highland, NY will be on your left. .2 mi.
|Site : Site : Pre-registration ends November 15th, 2014. Save yourself the extra money and reserve early!|
Adult aged 18+:
...At Door: $18.00
Child aged 6-17: $7.00
Child aged 0-5: free
Maximum site fee per family: $45.00
SCA MEMBER DISCOUNT: The Member discount of $5 will be deducted from the fee with proof of membership. When pre-registering, please remember to subtract this discount for each SCA-registered member of your group aged 18 or over, and include the membership numbers with the pre-registration.
Feast: Feast: Adult aged 18+: $8.00
Child aged 6-17: $5.00
Child aged 0-5: free.
Maximum feast fee per family: $27.00
Feast is limited to 80 gentles. Please call our Reservation Steward prior to December 6, 2013 to make sure you have a space at the table! Off-board tables will be available for those bringing their own meals.
NOTA BENE: Site is Bone Dry!
GENTLES WITH FOOD ALLERGIES OR DIETARY NEEDS: Please call the Reservation Steward prior to December 6, 2013, to ensure that we can accommodate your requirements.
Make Checks Payable to: Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. - NY
Lord Lorenz Greylever
mka: Matthew A. Stopard
3 Van Wagner Rd
5 Jackman St PVT
Highland NY, 12528
Send Reservations to: