|Mudthaw **UPDATED**||Event date: March 25th, 2006|
|Hosted by Barony of Settmour Swamp - Livingston, NJ||Event Last Modified: March 1st, 2006|
|The Barony of Settmour Swamp invites all to come celebrate the 26th annual thawing of the mud. Mudthaw will be held at the beautiful and spacious Salaam Shrine in Livingston, NJ. |
Many fine tournaments and competitions are planned, including heavy weapons, youth fighting, archery, fencing, A&S and a brewing competition.
NOTE: All combatants must troll in before they can sign up for any lists. There will be an express check-in available on the field for combatants who pre-register. Reserve ahead and avoid the morning lines at troll.
Site tokens have been created for the event by Master Ali (a.k.a. Arab Boy).
Delicious victuals will be provided during the day for while gentles mill about activities, entertainments and shopping at fine merchants, and in the evening a fine feast prepared by Riordan a’Bheithir assisted by Quinn a'Bheithir will be served.
***Mudthaw Subtletie Contest***
Attention, gentles, let it be known that there will be an Arts & Sciences subtletie contest to take place on the 25th of March, 2006, at the event known as Mudthaw in the place known as Settmour Swamp. Tables will also be open for all A&S items that good gentles wish to display, as well.
* All entries shall have the theme "Settmour Swamp" to be interpreted by the entrant. All entries should be family-friendly or they will not be accepted.
* This shall be a "Period-style" contest, requiring not that participants recreate exactly a specific method, but rather that they try to emulate one, and provide written documentation to explain how it *would* have been done in previous times, and what modern methods were used to simulate the effect. (an example: In the year 1380, this would have been left in a cold cellar for 19 and a half days to achieve the proper temperature, but today it was refrigerated for 40 minutes).
* Entries shall be judged by panel on 3 criteria - execution, documentation, and taste. Yes, taste. Expect your food item to actually be eaten, at least in part, and be prepared for this.
* Please notify our Minister of A&S, Richenda de Honneflo in advance of your entry, so that we may provide the proper table space. You can find her contact information at http://www.settmourswamp.eastkingdom.org/officers.html , and her email address is MoAS@settmourswamp.eastkingdom.org.
* All entries should arrive on site by noon the day of the event. We regret that we cannot provide kitchen space for entrants to work in.
Site Opens: 10:00 am
Site Closes: 10:00 pm
|Salaam Shrine Center|
369 E. Mt. Pleasant Ave
Livingston, NJ 07039
From the Garden State Parkway: Take exit 145 to Route 280 WEST. Go 7.5 miles to exit 5A for Livingston, which puts you onto County Route 527/Livingston Ave. Take Route 527/Livingston Ave. SOUTH for 1.3 miles to the junction of Route 10/Mt. Pleasant Ave. Turn LEFT onto Route 10/Mt. Pleasant Ave. EAST. The site is 1/3 miles down the road on the left.
From Route 287: Take the exit for Route 10 EAST (exit 39 from 287 South; exit 39A from 287 North). Follow Route 10 EAST, continuing on Route 10 through the traffic circle at Eisenhower Parkway. The site is 8.7 miles east of Route 287 on the left.
Public Transportation: N.J. Transit has Bus service from Newark Penn Station that travels along Route 10 in Livingston and can stop near the site. Consult www.njtransit.com for updated information on service and schedules.
|Registration: $10 per person, $5 for children (6-17), includes dayboard, Children 5 and under are free.|
A $3 non-member surcharge will be collected from those adults without proof of membership. If you intend to use the express check-in, please send proof of membership with your reservation and a SASE for the express check in letter. Acceptable proof of membership includes a copy of your membership card or a current Pikestaff label with your name on it.
Minors on site must be supervised at all times. A minor waiver signed by a parent or guardian must be presented at troll. Copies of the minor waiver form are available on-line at www.sca.org and will be available at the event.
Feast: $8 per person regardless of age; Pre-reservation deadline for feast is March 20th 2006 any seats remaining will be sold the day of the event.
Reservation Refund policy:
If, after sending in a reservation, you are unable to attend, please contact the autocrat before the event. Site fees and merchant fees will be refunded after the event. Feast fees will be refunded if we are able to resell your feast space.
Make Checks Payable to: SCA, Inc. - Barony of Settmour Swamp
Lady Eleanor Callaghan
Send Reservations to:
Lady Eleanor Callaghan (Tami Yaches), 95 Irvington Ave., Somerset, NJ 08873
PLEASE INCLUDE: The names, mundane and SCAdian of ALL members of your party, contact information (address and phone number) of the person making the reservation, and membership information (proof or a statement of non-membership) for each person included in the reservation. For express check in please also include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Other Contact Information:
Deputy Autocrat and Entertainment Coordinator:
Edmund Pattersen AKA Chris Lotano
Best to reach me between 5 and 9:30 PM Mon - Wed.
No calls after 9:30 PM