|Northern Region War Camp ||Event date: June 30th, 2017 - July 3rd, 2017|
|Hosted by Shire of Glenn Linn - Greenwich, NY||Event Last Modified: February 19th, 2017|
|Once again it is time to prepare for war. Come join us at Northern Region War Camp as we fight, fence, shoot, throw, ride, and create in our preparations to show the Knowne World the awesomeness of the East!|
We are planning a Family Fun Time, Archery, Thrown Weapons, Heavy List fighting, Youth Combat, Equestrian events, Fencing, Youth Fencing, Arts and Science classes, heavy list torchlight tourney, charity tourney to benefit the Royal Travel Fund, royal court, shopping and food vendors, bonfire (weather permitting), possibly more.
1. Dogs on leash are OK. Please keep your dogs on leash or otherwise contained and not roaming free. Please pick up after your dog for the health and safety of all.
2. No dug firepits. Raised firepits are OK.
3. ABSOLUTELY no fireworks are allowed on site. It spooks the horses and dogs and is a fire hazard.
4. No unaccompanied minor under the age of 12 will be allowed to participate in any marshaled activity (youth fencing, youth fighting, archery, thrown weapons). The marshals are not a babysitting service.
5. A wristband system will be in use. Minors must wear wristband (it will be provided at gate) with an on-site contact number. Adults also will be issued wristbands. No one will be authorized to fight, fence, shoot, ride, or throw without a wristband.
6. Fighters and fencers MUST show their auth cards prior to being inspected. There will be a 2 sticker system in place, one for authorizations and one for inspections.
7. For any medical event, please inform gate. The closest medical facility is Saratoga Hospital.
8. Most importantly, have fun!
Site Opens: Friday, June 30, at 11:00 am
Site Closes: Monday, July 3, at 12:00 pm
|Washington County Fairgrounds|
392 Old Schuylerville Rd
Greenwich, NY 12834
The event site is accessible per the East Kingdom Accessibility Porter's Checklist
From MA, CT, and the south:
Make your best way to I-87 north of Albany. Take exit 14. After crossing over the interstate, in 0.5 miles take a right (Henning Rd). In 0.9 miles, turn right onto Lake Ave/NY-29. Continue 9.25 miles. Turn right at the T-intersection onto Rt 4/NY-29. Drive .3 miles then turn left onto NY-29/Ferry St. Continue 2 miles. At the sign for the Washington County Fair, turn left onto Old Schuylerville Rd. Enter at gate C. Drive down the road to gate where you will check in.
From ME, NH, VT, and the north:
Make your best way to I-87 south. Take exit 15, at the end of the ramp turn left onto Rt 50. After crossing the interstate bear right, just before McDonald's, onto Truck Route 29. At the light, turn right onto Weibel Ave. At the T-intersection, turn left onto Lake Ave/NY-29. Drive 9 miles. Turn right at the T-intersection onto Rt 4/NY-29. Drive .3 miles then turn left onto NY-29/Ferry St. Continue 2 miles. At the sign for the Washington County Fair, turn left onto Old Schuylerville Rd. Enter at gate C. Drive down the road to gate where you will check in.
|Registration: Adults age 18+: |
Weekend fee $25 (preregistration $23)
Day fee $15 (preregistration $13)
There is a $5 member discount with card
Youth age 5-17:
Weekend fee $10 (preregistration $9)
Day fee $5 (preregistration $4)
Child age 0-4: No charge
Family cap is $70 ($60 with 2 adults proof of membership) at gate
Family cap for preregistration is $64 ($54 with 2 adults proof of membership)
Preregistration deadline is Saturday, June 10.
Feast: No feast
Make Checks Payable to: SCA of NY, Inc Shire of Glenn Linn
(Lady Lisabetta vedova di Alessandro)
(Lady Serafina della Torre)
Send Reservations to:
If you would like to preregister and make check in at gate go faster, please send check, proof of membership, and a phone number for any questions to:
Susan Youngman (Lady Arnlief the Red)
PO Box 503
Schroon Lake, NY 12870
Other Contact Information:
Merchants please contact:
Erik Johnsen (Lord Brynjolf Jossen)