To the Great Kingdom of the East does Eleanor, Baroness of the Flame, in the esteemed Kingdom of the Middle send greetings!
The 50th Anniversary of the Society for Creative Anachronism is upon us! "50 Year" will be celebrated in the Middle Kingdom in the State of Indiana, at the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds & Conference Complex from June 16th to June 27th, 2016.
I have the pleasure of working as the Archivist for the event, alongside THL Elizabethe Alles, who is the Chair of Historic Displays, to ensure that all Kingdoms are represented at this most noble function!
We are asking that each Kingdom designate a Chair who will head your particular Kingdom's display. This person will work directly with me in coordinating their displays, including the acquisition and collection of items if needed. If a representative cannot be on site for the event, any and all items can be sent to me and volunteers will set up the display. While these are static displays, having members of the Kingdoms on-hand to answer questions and tell stories is highly encouraged.
Each Kingdom will be allotted a 20-24' (length) x 8' (Depth) space located in the Hendricks Power Exposition Hall. We are asking that all displays include the following:
Recommended but not required:
- A banner or sign displaying the name of the Kingdom
- A large Kingdom device displaying the arms of the Kingdom
- King and Queen Lineage on a large easily readable display
- Pictures or items that are a part of the Kingdom's history (example: coronets, gowns, casting molds from important items, mantles, old armor, new armor etc.)
- A 10 minute video on the history and traditions of the Kingdom (Please keep videos positive and uplifting, use proper SCA photo release forms and send digital copies of forms to Kelly Magill at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Any written Kingdom histories
- Peerage Lineage
- Displays of Kingdom traditions
- Kingdom songs recorded or written for viewing and listening
- Lists and depictions of Kingdom level awards
- Maps of territories, baronies, shires etc.
- All the things that make your Kingdom unique!!
Though the event is a year and a half away we want to ensure each Kingdom is represented in the best way possible. Display Chairs should be chosen by February 28th 2015 in order to facilitate communication and provide time to plan and gather the materials needed for this project. A common information sharing webpage will be created when all Chairs have been identified.
I look forward to working with the Kingdom Display Chairs for all Kingdoms, and will assist in any way I can to make sure that all displays are successful. Please have your Chairs contact me at email@example.com if you have more questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to email.
Eleanor, Baroness Flame
The Middle Kingdom